What is Ecommerce Testing?
eCommerce testing is the process of putting an eCommerce (online shopping) framework through its paces. It aids in the avoidance of errors and adds value to the product by ensuring that it meets the needs of the customer.
The aim of testing is to ensure that
- Software reliability
- Software quality
- System Assurance
- Optimum performance and capacity utilization
Setting up an e-commerce system is a complicated process that is influenced by a variety of market-specific factors. Testing is now needed to ensure the credibility of the E Commerce system.
Types of Testing for E-commerce System
A common type of testing included into e commerce system is
1. Browser compatibility
- Early browsers aren’t supported.
- Extensions for specific browsers
- The major platforms should be covered by browser monitoring (Linux, Windows, Mac etc.)
2. Page display
- Pages are not being shown correctly.
- Messages from the runtime
- Page download time is too long.
- Dead links, plugin dependencies, font sizing, and so on.
3. Session Management
- Expiration of the Session
- Storage of sessions
- Non-intuitive design
- Poor site navigation
- Catalog navigation
- Lack of help-support
5. Content Analysis
- Content that is deceptive, inflammatory, and potentially litigious
- Copyright infringement and royalty-free pictures
- Functionality of personalization
- Availability at all times of day and night
- Attacks that trigger a denial of service
- Unacceptably high levels of unavailability are unacceptable.
7. Back-up and Recovery
- Failure or a setback in the healing process
- Failure of the backup system
- Tolerance to faults
- Transaction Integrity
9. Shopping order processing and purchasing
- Shopping cart functionality
- Order processing
- Payment processing
- Order tracking
- Language support
- Language display
- Cultural sensitivity
- Regional Accounting
11. Operational business procedures
- How well can e-procedure handle it
- Keep an eye out for bottlenecks.
12. System Integration
- Format of the Data Interface
- Frequency and activation of the interface
- Volume capacity at the interface
- Integrated output
- Bottlenecks in performance
- Scalability review
- load management
14. Login and Security
- The ability to log in
- Controlling access and penetrating
- Knowledge transmission that is not reliable
- Attacks on the internet
- Viruses on computers
- Signatures in the digital age
Performance testing- a top priority in E-commerce
Simply delaying the page load time by around 250 milliseconds is enough to send your customer to your competitor. Walmart improved the pace of their website which saw a 2% improvement in visitor conversion rate and a 1% increase in sales.
Performance of your site depends on these factors
- Request per second
- Transactions per minute
- Executions per click
- Duration of a task
- Seconds per click
- Page Load
- DNS Lookup
- Length of time between click and seeing page
Useful Tools for Mapping E-commerce Site
- UsabilityHub: The user testing framework and research panel at UsabilityHub will help you enhance the user experience of your applications and websites. Get real-life reviews from people who know what they’re talking about.
- HotJar: It displays the most visited and least visited zones of a website.
- FiveSecondTest: This tool ensures that your message is conveyed as easily as possible; it informs you what a person remembers about your website design in just five seconds.
- Feng-GUI: It simulates human vision for the first five seconds and predicts what a real person will look at.
- Optimizely: It allows you to test monitor, clicks, conversions, and other aspects of your e-commerce business.
Challenges of E-commerce Testing
- Customer data and identities are protected by following security guidelines.
- To serve multilingual markets and business areas, usability requirements must be met.
- Large-scale e-commerce transition projects include end-to-end testing and test management.
- Application scalability and dependability
For more info: https://www.mammoth-ai.com/automation-testing-services/
Also Read: https://www.guru99.com/software-testing.html