What is Sales Force?
The first cloud-based CRM system in the world is Salesforce. It was founded in March 1999 by Marc Benioff and Parker Harris. This CRM platform is intended to support users – selling, serving, marketing, analysis and connections with their customers – affordably and easily. Sales force testing will be discussed in a detailed manner.
SFDC (Sales Force Dot Com) has many common features to handle prospects and clients. It also enables you to work with employees and business partners to safely store your data in the cloud.
What is Sales Force Testing?
A great thing about Salesforce is that many of the out of box features can be customized to suite a company’s need.
Salesforce research is a validation of the vanilla SDFC configuration and adaptation.
The challenge is to make sure a tester review the code that was customized rather than the checked functionality of the integrated salesforce testing.
SalesForce CRM is built on an APEX-related software framework. It also gives developers a lot of built-in test case for validating their code.
Why do Salesforce testing?
Here are the main reasons why salesforce testing is carried out:
- Allows you to verify the settings and code are functional.
- Help you confirm that the finished system will support the processes of the customer
- Confirm that the initial construction of the device complies with the agreed specifications
- Help you find issues quickly while they can be easily fixed
- Report on functional flows based on test case status. This enables the team to build the working flows to know the application’s features
- Process Builder feature allows you to track system working conditions and actions
- Workflows allow you to review time-based events functionality
Types of Salesforce Testing
The testing of the Salesforce.com app by using conventional approaches requires the handling of applications. A QA team will conduct manual checks, happy track tests, integration tests, regression tests and framework tests using the functional tests.
A computer software for the testing of Salesforce.com or Force.com app includes automated tests. Apply automated tools such as Selenium, Assure Click, QTP, etc.
- Apex developers perform unit testing process. It involves writing provisions in your code that test your coverage automatically
- It lets you decide how many data records are recorded so that in this setting the code runs successfully.
- If the code coverage ratio should be 78 percent minimum in the production environment Apex code
- It is carried out by an expert team of consultants from Salesforce
- This includes the testing of the technological processes of the system from beginning to end.
- Allows you to correct an issue with automated systems rules such as workflow, validation, assignment
Tests for UAT:
- The people who use the app are responsible
- Measures the capacity of the system to sustain business processes
- UAT checking depending on what takes place in the company
- The optimal performance should be to confirm that the system is suitable for use by the client
- It is a repeat of the production environment device testing
- Salesforce software testing helps you to verify if the sandbox setup and code are being used correctly in the production environment.
- If time remains until starting the final project, the client can run UAT scripts again. After deployment
- The main purpose is to evaluate whether code and configuration releases impact current system user processes.
- The improvement or repair will be performed once a production is deployed.
- A list of changes can influence your current process is given by the consumer.
Testing phase for salesforce:
Salesforce’s testing procedure is the same as any ordinary web application. During the testing process, the tester should have a good understanding of the adjustable featuring. In favor of the integrated Salesforce features, it lets them concentrate on the customized code.
The Sandbox setting (Test Environment) should be used by the designer and tester for every reason. The code is evaluated in the sandbox environment for sandbox development. The QA tester is presumed to have the basic knowledge and comprehension of the Salesforce terminology.
Challenges in salesforce testing:
Testing Salesforce isn’t a simple task. During the process, the tester faced several challenges. Some are as follows:
- Testing advanced functions such as the Visualforce, Salesforce or Service Cloud Console is not easy.
- All your classic Lightning UI tests must be recreated.
- Although some standard functions are not in use, GUI tests cannot be removed if we turn to the test environment
- Automated testing in all the research environments should be possible
- Problems arise when designing Salesforce field locators because those field IDs vary from one organization to the other.
Salesforce testing best practice:
- Conduct experiments as true user profiles
- To verify the report functionality, test data should be prepared.
- The testing procedure should include functional checks, UI tests, regression tests and system integration tests
- Special attention should be given to the dynamic nature of visual power pages since not all website elements are loaded simultaneously
- Automation testing with instruments such as Selenium and HP Unified Functional Testing should be carried out
- Salesforce testing company should consider positive and negative flows
- The function of users must be developed and tested with Workflows
Salesforce Tester responsibilities:
Salesforce testers have important positions and responsibilities:
- Smoke tests should be able to ensure that all major features work according to requirements
- Create both positive and negative test scenarios to match Analysis of partitioning and limit value
- Testers are also required to work to gain insight into its capabilities in order to construct a realistic map
- A tester should be able to connect with the development team easily
- You should understand the customizable features that the Salesforce app will create
- The testing device must conduct roll-based trials in the event that Salesforce is incorporated with third-party applications, so that the data are coherent.
- To verify complex flows that can produce conflicting results in Sales Force, a Salesforce Tester should be aware of load testing tools like JMeter.
- Salesforce is the world’s first Salesforce cloud-based testing for SDFC vanilla SDFC setup and customization
- Checking Salesforce allows you to ensure that the completed framework supports business processes for customers.
- Sales Force Testing greatest challenge is to ensure you assess the adaptation and the incorporated SDFC characteristics
- Unit testing, system testing, UAT testing, development testing, regression testing are essential levels of salesforce testing
- The main problem with the Salesforce testing is that all your classic Lightning UI tests need to be recreated.
- Salesforce checks as true user profiles should be performed
- Salesforce tests should be able to carry out smoke tests to ensure that all of the key features perform as required
- Selling force testing tools are only few relevant Selenium Web driver, HP Unified Functional Test (HFT) and Force.com IDE.
For more info: https://www.mammoth-ai.com/automation-testing/